Friday, April 19, 2013

A Touch of Grace

Almost immediately after winning Miss TI, I met an amazing woman by the name of Kathy Lettiere.  Kathy owns a gown shop in Watertown, NY called A Touch of Grace specializing in prom, pageantry, bridal.  She sells gifts and accessories as well.  Kathy immediately treated me like I was her own daughter.  I was draped in some of the most gorgeous gowns I had only seen in magazines and online.  For example:



Coming from a blue collar family, I have had to work very hard for everything I have.  Choosing pageantry as a hobby didn't make it easy on my parents but they gave me everything they could and hey, it's the girl not the gown right?  

Still, it was hard not to fantasize about frocks from Tony Bowls, Jovani, Sherri Hill, etc.  Wearing a gown by one of these famous designers was quickly becoming a dead dream to me.  This is my last year of a ten year pageant career, there aren't enough pennies left for me to pinch.

I was grateful when I heard that A Touch of Grace would help outfit me in a gorgeous gown and give me a discount, but I almost cried when I heard that Kathy was willing to do more for me.  I will be the first Miss Thousand Islands to have my entire evening gown sponsored for her.  I am convinced that God sends people into our lives for a reason, Kathy is truly an angel.  She gives so much back to the community and I am beyond grateful for this amazing gift that she has provided me.  I can only hope that someday I can return the favor.

Thank you Kathy for being amazing, I look forward to a lifelong friendship.  It warms my heart to know that someday you will be the one fitting me with a gorgeous white gown. =)  Thank you for your devotion to the Miss Thousand Islands organization and the Watertown area.

I can't wait for the world to see what we have come up with for Miss New York!!

No comments:

Post a Comment